A Green Project Challenge

The intent of this project is to see if being more green is viable given the cost of materials vs. the Return On Investment (ROI) for operating my own greenhouse aquaponics/aeroponics system in our backyard. The challenge is whether I can design, build and operate an aquaponics/aeroponics based greenhouse system in a sustainable manner with a small carbon footprint while providing food for the table at a reasonable cost over conventional methods such as purchasing fish/vegetables at the local grocery. Join me on this journey of discovery while I forge a new chapter in my quest for a better tomorrow.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

DWC Raft construction update

OK, so I had time to make a quick video on the DWC rafts for one of my aquaponics media based growbed systems. I have finished the rafts and will concentrate on the filter system next which will allow me to tie the two types of media together into one system - DWC and Expanded shell grow beds. I will attempt to get the filter system completed within the next several days and hopefully have it completed and tested by the end of next week.

DWC on-going construction.

Hope you enjoy the video, and remember, you can find all of my videos on the Aquaponics Gardener YouTube channel.

Until next time, happy gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment